International Coffee Vendors, LLC

Yauco, PR

H2A Available Job

Number of Workers Requested:  8
It is estimated that 60% will be dedicated to preharvest and postharvest work, such as planting (including grafting) and cultivating coffee plantations, and the other 40% will be dedicated to harvesting the products. Workers are required to hand pick ripe coffee, for no less than 80% of the total harvest, with a basket around the waist with a minimum rate of 28 pounds per hour, 8 hours per day. Skilled laborers should be able to pick a little over one (1) “almud” or 28 pounds of ripe coffee in one hour. Most of the workdays are spent outdoors on one’s feet, with constant movement as they move from one field to another. Workers must be able to stand, walk uphill and downhill, sit, squat, kneel, crouch, bend (from the waist), push, pull, reach, lift, and carry items weighing in the range of 5 to 75 pounds. Driving and operating passenger vehicles and farm equipment may be required. The worker may be requested, but not required to work up to 12 hours per day and/or Federal Holidays depending upon the conditions in the fields, weather, and maturity of the crop. Overtime will be paid, if applicable, under state or federal law. The manager or supervisor will notify workers at the end of the workday if there is any change in the start and time anticipated hours of work for the following day. Regular attendance by all workers during scheduled hours of the workday and /or work period is expected. Unsatisfactory attendance: including reporting late, excessive requests to leave before the end of the workday, doing work outside the scope of the H2A Visa, not abiding by housing, or transport regulations, etc., may be cause for disciplinary action. Workers must call their manager or supervisor at least one day before the start of the workday if they do not expect to be in on time. Further information on the employer’s Attendance Policy is in the Employee Handbook.

Job Requirements

Experience Required:  Yes
Months of Experience Required:  3
Special Requirements:  See Addendum C. See Addendum C for Spanish Language. Ver Adendum C para Espaol.
Number of Hours Per Week:  40
Work Schedule (Start/End time):  7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.

Employer Information

Company Name:  International Coffee Vendors, LLC
Location:  Yauco, PR 00698
Telephone Number:  +17877833263

Worksite Address:

Road 374, Km. 5, Hm. 3 Int., Rio Prieto Ward, Yauco, PR 00698

Tagged as: H2A Available Jobs

For H2 Jobs, upload DOL Job Order: job_order-93.pdf
Job Overview
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.