Vineyard Ops, Inc.
Lower Lake, CA
H2A Available Jobs
Mechanical Grape Harvester Operators to perform the following duties: Operators must safely operate New Holland Braud Grape Harvesters in wine grape vineyards, typically at night and on terrain with up to a 25% slope. This work includes pre shift maintenance and post shift cleaning and repairs. New Holland Braud mechanical wine grape harvester operators are required to perform pre-shift inspections and necessary maintenance including greasing components and repairing worn items. Operators will spend up to 8 hours driving the over-the-row mechanical harvester. Seating is at an elevated position approximately 8 ft above ground. Must be comfortable climbing ladders and working at elevated height for long hours. Once the required number of loads are harvested, operators must wash the machines using a pressurized 1.5″ water hose to decontaminate the machine. Mechanical skills are required. Must be comfortable working at night, working in wet environment, and working with heavy equipment. Workers will be responsible for some of the basic repair and maintenance of the Braud Tractors.
- Experience Required: Yes
- Months of Experience Required: 3
- Special Requirements: Workers must have at least 3 months or one (1) complete harvest season experience operating New Holland Braud mechanical grape harvester including operation on hilly terrain. Workers must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently, climb a ladder, and safely operate the Braud Harvester in a variety of terrain including hills up to 25% slope. Must be familiar with basic maintenance of the machine including cleaning and greasing procedures, appropriate adjustments for different varieties, replacement of worn items including belts and rods. No smoking or illegal weapons or controlled substances in the vineyards or in the houses. Cannot be color blind due to the need to distinguish colors of crops. Able to sit extensively, stoop, bend, and work in cold and wet conditions. Able to operate a New Holland Braud mechanical grape harvester. Workers may use chains saws. Safety use and training provided by employer. Workers must abide by Employer housing rules.
- Number of Hours Per Week: 45
- Work Schedule (Start/End time): 6:00 P.M. – 3:30 A.M.
- Company Name: Vineyard Ops, Inc.
- Location: Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Telephone Number: +17073388482
Gallo Vineyards – Snows Lake Vineyard 11545 Perini Road
Lower Lake, CA 95457
For H2 Jobs, upload DOL Job Order: job_order-3-1.pdf