Zirlott Trawlers, Inc.
Number of Workers Requested: 6
Job requires workers to prepare the fishing trawler for fishing activities; using and placing nets into water and retrieving them, sorting and heading (removing head) shrimp using hand held tools such as knives; place shrimp into containers and icing down shrimp to preserve catch; moping and cleaning work area and equipment. Employer will pay Prevailing Wage & Overtime, or an average of $15.00 to $19.00 per (100 lbs) of headed shrimp depending on the market, or a percentage of the total catch profits (usually 35% and split between a crew of 3 to 4 maximum), whichever is greater.
- Experience Required: Yes
- Months of Experience Required: 3
- Special Requirements: 3 months of shrimp trawler fishing working experience required. Worker must have “sea legs” and be able to work on a fishing trawler in slightly turbulent waters from periods longer than a couple of weeks. Must have basic knowledge of basic safety aboard a fishing trawler. Full-Time position 40 hours per week. Monday through Sunday, schedules vary and are day to early evening shifts between the hours of 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM with a 1-hour break in between an 8-hour shift. Trips out to fish may be several weeks to several months depending on the catch.
- Number of Hours Per Week: 48
- Work Schedule (Start/End time): 7:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Company Name: Zirlott Trawlers, Inc.
- Location: Coden, AL 36523
- Telephone Number: (251) 873-5701
For H2 Jobs, upload DOL Job Order: job_order-1-1.pdf
- Address: 14750 Zirlott Rd
Coden, AL 36523