Langston Farm, LLC
Big Creek, MS
H2A Available Jobs
Number of Workers Requested: 84
Workers will perform assigned duties as instructed by their supervisor. Duties may vary from time to time. Clearing ground of rocks, sticks, and roots by hand and clear brush and trees with chain saw. General field and fence maintenance: Manually weeding fields by hand or using hand tools. Drain water from fields with hand tools and shovels when needed. Packhouse: Work in packing house to wash and pack sweet potatoes. Harvesting Sweet Potatoes: Harvest sweet potatoes by hand with use of buckets. Must be able to sort, grade, and pack sweet potatoes by size, quality, and type. May also harvest peas. Workers with valid Driver’s License may be asked to drive workers to fields and grocery store. May be asked to drive bucket trucks, dump buckets on bucket trucks, or drive skid steer to load/unload potato crates on trucks.
- Experience Required: Yes
- Months of Experience Required: 3
- Special Requirements: Must be 18 years old or older. H2A workers will not be allowed or asked to drive or operate tractors. 3 months experience needed in sorting and grading sweet potatoes. Valid drivers license is required if worker is driving work vehicles. Employer may conduct a criminal background check on all new applicants at the employers expense. Cell phones can only be used during breaks, emergencies, and to communicate with the supervisors when needed. Lifting requirements of 5-60 lbs. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. The ability of an employee to safely operate machinery will be left to the discretion of management. To ensure the safety of all employees, those interested in operating machinery must be able to communicate with and adequately follow instructions given by management.
- Number of Hours Per Week: 35
- Work Schedule (Start/End time): 7:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- Company Name: Langston Farm, LLC
- Location: Calhoun City, MS 38916
- Telephone Number: +16625428430
For H2 Jobs, upload DOL Job Order: job_order-9-3.pdf
- Address: County Rd 306 & Hwy 29
Big Creek, MS 38914